Sunday, December 27, 2009

Atheists, Do you think a good rule would be that if one doesn't wish to wash the dishes, don't use them?

I'm asking Atheists because this rule seems logical to me and illogical to my ex-inmate turned Xian little brother who is currently living on my sofaAtheists, Do you think a good rule would be that if one doesn't wish to wash the dishes, don't use them?
I see no fallacies in your logics! Not sure your little brother can take it though.





Tell him that he'll go to hell if he disobeys you. There must be some ruling on disobeying one's sister in the Bible ...





EDIT: Why the heck should SHE give up the joy of using real plates when he's the one eating from them and she's probably the one who cooks?Atheists, Do you think a good rule would be that if one doesn't wish to wash the dishes, don't use them?
It seems perfectly logical to me. However, I think I might add to that if you're not going to do the dishes, there are a million and one other things in the house that can be done as your contribution.





For instance, in my house, I do dishes, my husband cooks and our roommate keeps the girls entertained so that we can actually get stuff done around the house. Not the greatest help, but at least he's keeping them out from under foot and away from things that can hurt them.
Absolutely!
Simple logic is lost on most xtians. As long as any of the commandments don't require you to be helpful, courteous, nice...etc., expect nothing. That code, from what I gather, will allow him to abuse, insult and poop on everything he chooses. The ';big guy'; will forgive him.
yep but even more better if you can get a slave to wash your dishes for you
No.





Plates exist in the REAL world, and if you want them clean you have to get off your keister and wash them. The stains and dried food won't get raptured away overnight, you know.
At first glance it seems logical, but then the thought of what 'not using them' could lead to makes me shudder. Why not just tell him to grow up?
I would put all of the dirty dishes under the cushions in the couch.
definately, put them under his covers
paper and plastic baby!!
I'm not athiest, I'm agnostic.


But I'd kick out anyone who wasn't washing their dishes, I hate dirty people.


Interestingly enough the worst room mate I ever had for not washing dishes was a Christian too. This is almost certainly a coincidence, but I do sympathise.


WASH YOUR BLOODY DISHES!!!!
One might end up living in the car, if one was currently living on my sofa.......but that's just me.
I live alone, so I kinda have no choice in the matter. But yeah, it's logical. Give the fecker a good kick up the jacksie!
seems logical to me--smile and enjoy the night-you might suggest to him that he has no worries god will provide-lol--smile and enjoy the night
Yes, that seems reasonable. Alternatively though if one doesn't wish to wash dishes then one might also need to be willing to toss them out.





Impractical but just a thought.
I think it's pretty unrealistic. But then I don't mind washing dishes. What I mind is searching the house for dirty dishes that get left anywhere. I figure if they want them washed, they bring them to the kitchen, rinse them off, and stack them neatly.
Yes.
My husband is an atheist he uses dishes all the time but washes them maybe once a month.


I think your issue in this is against men, not Christians. I am a Christian and I wash dishes three times a day.
Seems logical and fair, as a baseline.





However, if he is so unwilling to be helpful in the house, I suspect he is doing little to nothing towards finding a job. If this is so, it may be that he should be asked to leave and enter a half-way home where he can receive counseling and even therapy for what sounds like it might be indicitive of PTSD or clinical depression.
Endora, would you like a little Bible Verse to use on your Christian Brother?





My mom who was a pastor's wife, used this to get my dad and brothers to do dishes when they stated it was women's work.





http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?boo鈥?/a>





13And I will stretch over Jerusalem the line of Samaria, and the plummet of the house of Ahab: and I will wipe Jerusalem as a man wipeth a dish, wiping it, and turning it upside down.





EDIT: II Kings 21:13 in the King James Version (it is only found in that version, though) :(
Or buy paper plates.


Doesn't ';God'; want your brother to have a job? ;)
Verily I say unto thee...





';He that does not use dishes, gets soup all over the couch.';
I would beat him, with a stick. That is a better rule. If you don't want to get beaten, wash the dishes.
Atheist men and their boyfriends usually take turns on who does dishes. One night its them the next night its their boyfriend
  • master cleanse
  • oil gas
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment