Monday, December 21, 2009

Is it ';OK'; to short trade the same stock continuously during a 30-Day Period? Wash Sale Rule Implications?

What impact does this have on the short term gain and loss?Is it ';OK'; to short trade the same stock continuously during a 30-Day Period? Wash Sale Rule Implications?
It is perfecly fine. For wash sale implications, it prevents you from holding shares in a specific stock while claiming a tax loss for that stock in a 30 day period.





For example: if I had a large gain in GOOG (and I didn't want to pay taxes on it) but I had a large loss in AMTD (but didnt want to sell it because I thought it was a value) I could sell the AMTD, and buy it back, claiming the loss on the first sell against my gain on the GOOG stock.





Same for short selling except if the stock price goes up you claim the loss.
  • master cleanse
  • oil gas
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment